Monday, August 24, 2009

God's Provisions

I am so amazed each day by God's provisions. J and I have been in such awe this last year at how God even chooses to bless and provide for us. We spend time each week with people that are truly poor, homeless, and cannot seem to catch a break no matter what they do. However, they also seem to know that each day God provides for them so that they can eat and survive.

J and I are obviously far from this position in life. J has a great job and makes oodles of money compared to 99% of the world. So, why would God choose to bless us too? Shouldn't he be focusing on those that really need it? It is fantastic that his grace, love, mercy, and blessings are LIMITLESS!

In the past year, we have had so many people give us things that we "need" without any prompting. 3 good friends of mine have blessed us incredibly with maternity and toddler clothing. I haven't had to spend hardly any money on either. My neighbor's daughter gave me all of her son's used clothing and Thomas the train toys. Incredible! Our neighbors gave us their lawnmower when ours broke down and told us to keep it! Amazing!

Fortunately, the cycle of God's love doesn't stop there. J and I truly believe that we are blessed by God to be a blessing to others. So, when we don't have to spend $150 on a new mower, that money can then go to those who need it more. However, I am hesitant to say that we are blessing those people that we see weekly, because the more I get to know them, the more they bless me. But that is for another blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment