Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kiss your mama with that mouth?

OE loves to wander around the house singing nonsense words. The other night's song was pretty interesting. He was experimenting with the "f" sound and thought the "f-bomb" made an interesting word. He danced around our house singing/yelling the "f-bomb" for about 5 minutes.

Fortunately, I remember wise advice from my mother - don't react. He doesn't know what the word means, and if you react or make a it a big deal, he will think its funny and do it all the time. As much as it felt like nails on the chalkboard to hear my little guy saying the "f" word, J and I just went along with our business and ignored it. Hopefully we won't hear that word in our house again, or at least until we have teens - then it will not be ignored!

3 comments:

  1. I think you took the right approach. Mrs. Blonde would likely vomit and die it either of our guys pulled that phoenetic experiment out some lazy afternoon at home. -Mr. Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake did the same thing when he learned the word Truck. It was hilarious and crazy and so weird to hear your baby say that word, but you're right, he doesn't know what he's saying, so you just hope he doesn't do it in public! Oh the joys of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did the right thing. I've never had that happen to me (yet)....

    ReplyDelete